As he stumbled down from the bus and into the drizzly evening Mac instantly recognized where he was, the old Player Wills Factory.
Built in 1935, the factory had once been a thriving source of employment for the city, complete with its own theatre. It remained in use until 2005. Now derelict, the factory was popular with film crews and anyone else wanting to add a bit of urban decay to their art.
The bus had stopped at the South Circular Road entrance and Mac joined the rest of the passengers now queuing at the guard hut.
On both sides of the passengers leered and loomed blue boiler-suited men and women.